[Hiring Manager’s Name]
[341 Company Address
Company City, State, xxxxx
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. [Manager’s Name],
With great willingness, I am applying for the position of (POSITION) which was advertised on the (COMPANY NAME) website. I firmly believe that my education, skill-set, intensive training and extensive experience make me a suitable candidate for this vacancy.
I am certified in Electrical/Mechanical Estimating and hold a degree in Electrical Engineering from HML College. As an individual who is interested in continuous professional development, I have dedicated more than 7 years of experience to working with blue chip companies within the electrical industry. This has resulted in professional competency in all operational and technical aspects of digital systems implementation.
Employed with McHero PLC as an Electrical Improver/Supervisor, I have demonstrated strong problem solving skills and the ability to work in high-pressure and challenging working environments. My responsibilities varied through commissioning, maintaining, installation and testing of highly sophisticated electrical systems. In addition, I was also relied upon to manage vendors and execute projects and maintenance strategies within a budget of around $90,000.
Ensuring that all activities complied with quality standards and examining installation of numerous electrical equipment, I have been able to successfully identify engineered resolutions to recurring electrical issues. Furthermore, I have gained an extensive exposure of leading teams and training members such that their competencies are inline with the needs of the organization.
I have functional knowledge of all electrical legislation, codes, and standards of practice and have gained expertise in use of industry specific tools and applications.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet you and I am sure after appraisal of my resume you will see I am an individual with excellent potential in an organization such as (COMPANY NAME).
I look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Mechanical Engineer Cover Letter
Mechanical Engineers use scientific and mathematic principles to come up with technical solutions to problems in areas like construction, engine design and manufacturing.
Your cover letter is the first point of contact between you and the person who could one day be your future boss. You therefore want to make sure that your cover letter is an accurate description of who you are as a professional and what you can bring to the table, so to speak, in terms of your experience and skills.
Job descriptions for Mechanical Engineers show such duties as:
- Designing reverse engineering of motors for government specifications
- Preparing and performing presentations for customers and projects reviews
- Developing and designing all aspects of mechanical components, assembly tools, and testing equipment
- Providing the best concepts by monitoring concept and design review meetings
An example cover letter for a Mechanical Engineer which effectively conveys skills and experience necessary for the position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Mechanical Engineer resume samples.
Dear Ms. Gertrude Schultz:
I have contributed to the profitability and success of major manufacturing organizations by orchestrating expert alignment of LEAN Manufacturing process with enterprise objectives. As an accomplished senior level Electrical Controls & Test Engineer, I offer 15+ years of expertise in automatic testing, electronic manufacturing and engineering management. Now I would like to bring my unique capabilities to serve the vision of your company as your next Mechanical Engineer.
My expertise in all levels of technical and mechanical engineering in addition to the ability to translate complex analysis into layman’s terms has provided superior training and support for corporations. Additional strengths include systems knowledge, software engineering and creative problem solving. I am able to identify and provide process improvements and cost savings within highly technical environments.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Produced annual cost savings of $200K by implementing an automatic extraction/stacking device that reduced FTE by 2.5 individuals and increased efficiency.
- Reduced nearly 3000 hours of rework/per year, through installation of more accurate cameras that were able to detect missing parts, resulting in $60K cost savings and increased quality.
- Created a more accurate method to automatically measure gas leaks which reduced downtime and delays of as many as 6000 units, saving up to $3M in delayed shipments.
- Developed Visual Basic programs to convert AutoCAD DXF data to machine control data.
- Experienced in government contract projects, developed F15 countermeasure electronic test software.
For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed resume. I look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration.