Pacific University’sMaster of Social Work Journal of Human Rights and Social Justice offers MSW students a place to contribute to the development of social work as a human rights profession. The aim of the journal is to bring together academic, personal, activist, and artistic knowledge that addresses human rights and social justice in social work locally and abroad. Submitted work may explore the intersection and interrelationship of human rights, social justice, and social work in addressing systems of inequality: such as race, class, gender, and sexuality, among others; specific issues: such as homelessness, mental health, mass incarceration, and, immigration; and global, macro, mezzo, or micro practice implicationswithin a human rights and social justice frame.
Inviting interdisciplinary masters students to submit for 2018:
We are at a critical time in history where human rights are constantly being exploited and violated. This year we are looking for collective awareness and action by inviting interdisciplinary masters level students locally and abroad to submit to the 2nd edition of the MSW Journal of Human Rights & Social Justice.
We welcome contributions of diverse academic papers, personal essays, poetry, or artwork that address human rights and social justice related to violence, poverty, the environment, indigenous and gender rights, among others… and the impact on human experience.
- Deadline to submit original work is April 15, 2018, unless otherwise noted.
- Send submissions of academic papers, essays, and poetry: https://humanrights.scholasticahq.com/
- Send submissions of artwork: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a cover page with name of author, title of your work, submission type (academic, essay, poetry, artwork), current email and phone number. If submitting academic papers, essays, or poetry, upload the cover page in Scholastica as a supplementary support document.
- Authors will be informed of acceptance by May 10, 2018
If your contribution is selected for publication, authors will work on revisions until June 20, 2018.
- Final decisions will be made by July 1, 2018 for Fall 2018 publication.
Please ensure that your submission conforms to the guidelines below.
Academic Papers and Personal Essays
Written submissions should adhere to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Edition). Accordingly, the in-text author/date form of parenthetical citation should be used when citing others’ work. The reference list at the end of the manuscript should be arranged alphabetically. Written submissions should be in Microsoft Word file format (.doc or .docx). The text should be double-spaced and in 12-point font in Times New Roman with one-inch margins. Do not include identifying information within your submission, such as your name in the header. Refer to the Submission Guideline Checklist for further information on the blind review process. For information on APA format, refer to the following resources:
Photography and Artwork
Original artwork should be submitted as high quality, uncompressed image files in either .GIF, .TIFF or .JPG format.
Original poetry should be submitted as a Microsoft Word file format (.doc or .docx).
- The submission has not been previously published and is not currently under consideration for publication by another journal.
- The submission has been properly prepared for blind review, with no individually identifiable information/references to the authors included in the written submission or contained in the artwork or poetry file.
- The submission adheres to the conventions of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Edition).
- Written submission is in Microsoft Word file format (.doc or .docx).
- The text is double-spaced and uses a 12-point font in Times New Roman.
- Original artwork and poetry submissions are in high quality, uncompressed image files in either. GIF, TIFF, or .JPG format.
- Spelling and grammar checks have been performed.
- A cover page has been prepared. Please attach your cover letter as a separate Word document (.doc or docx) in the same email as your submission. This preserves the blind review process. Please include:
- Co-authors (if applicable)
- Title of your work
- Submission type (academic, essay, artwork, poetry)
- Current email address and phone number
Тогда они оба подумали, что он где-то допустил ошибку, но сейчас-то она знала, что действовала правильно. Тем не менее информация на экране казалась невероятной: NDAKOTA ETDOSHISHA. EDU - ЕТ? - спросила Сьюзан. У нее кружилась голова.