Describe Your Favorite Song
Music is a very significant aspect in the life of the human being that plays a very vital role in educating, influencing and entertaining people. Although, music is a very broad field, it has attracted and influenced many people. In fact, once music is played, it draws the attention of almost every person around. There are wide varieties and forms of music which include gospel, reggae, locals and hip hop among many others.
However, different people from various regions and background have different tastes for music. Some people like gospel music, others like reggae music while prefer locals to any other form of music. Nevertheless, almost all people have got one thing in common, that is, they are in mad love with certain tunes of music.
How I Came To Know the Song
I am not exceptional when it comes to music. I am very affectionate of music. I love almost all types of music although am very fond of gospel music. However, my most favorite song is a worship gospel by Michael W. Smith entitled, Draw Me Close. This is the song that highly blesses my soul. I was referred this song by my very close friend who first heard it from our local radio stations. I did not hesitate to browse the song over the YouTube.
On hearing the tune, my heart relaxed and calmness overwhelmed my nerves. I felt a sense of joy running down my streams despite the hardships and challenges I was facing after losing one of my beloved pals. Though I was feeling lonely and eradicate from the rest of the word, this song really changed my sad moods.
Importance of the Song to My Life
The beats of the song brings the sense of humility and humbleness in my life. The fact that I love gospel music and more specifically worship songs has played a significant role on the influence of this song in to my life. The song as well acts as my prayer to the almighty God, as it is my desire to be close to his throne.
Every time I feel lonely, stressed or in bad moods, I just listen to this song which really helps me to overcome my negative feelings and situations and give me courage and strength to face these challenges with boldness. Draw Me Close by Michael W. Smith is really a blessing song which I will ever love to listen every minute of my life.
The Perfect Song Analysis Essay
Many people may not think so but a song may be difficult to analyze. The difficult comes in as many people may think a song is music but not, should be like poetry. Music adds another layer of meaning to a song as it is full of literary devices and figurative language. Do not just pay attention to the lyrics alone when writing an essay about a song. Melody in a song just tries to modify the meaning played along with the words. A song should have good language since it can also deliver a message. here is how to write a song analysis paper
Steps to guide you when writing a song analysis essay
- Take time and Listen to the song a few times. Do not think too much about stylistic specifics rather take few minute to listen to the song then write down how the song affects you. Discuss the feeling that you get from the song. Discuss the central theme or the message you get.
- For you to scrutinize the song lyrics more closely get a printout of your song. Consider how the words have been literally scoured, their use, and their effect to the meaning and feel of the song. A songwriter can communicate frustration using song lyric over being down played in a certain deal. Listen to the song again with your list of lyric observations in front of you. Check how the music lines are relating with words. Analyze how the song details enrich the meaning of the lyrics and contribute to the effects of poetic devices as you take notes.
- Research the historical, social and political context of the song. Check if your music is displaying a life experience, world events and the knowledge within, and prevailing attitudes. This might affect your interpretation in quite a big way.
Within the context of the entire album, take the song and study it carefully. Analyze if the artist chose a deliberate progression of songs to convey a message as you closely look at the order of the tune and the words used.
- Using the observations you've gathered, look for a common thread that ties them together. Link your detailed observations to connect your general impression of the song with detailed that you have gathered. The thesis of your essay is in the conclusion part. Identify a specific example that you'll use to support your argument. Eliminate some content to check out the length of your essay.
- Using the regular conventions of essay writing and factor in any special instructions that you have been given, draft your paper. Briefly state your thesis and make an outline your main arguments in the introduction. In the body of your essay discuss your main points. Finally proof read your work.