Eligibility: Applicants must be seeking college or university degrees and be enrolled as juniors, seniors or graduate students during the summer and/or fall term in 2017. Scholarships are awarded without regard to the student’s major or field of academic concentration. Previous scholarship winners are not eligible. Students in countries other than the United States may apply as well.
Requirements: The specifics for all six scholarships are below. Applications must be emailed by the end of Nov. 15, 2017. All entry materials must be in English.
The Bill Walsh scholarship will go to an applicant who aspires to edit news and who demonstrates the talent and passion for language that Bill devoted his life to.
Applicants for the other five scholarships should have a commitment to a career in the editing of written materials and demonstrate effectiveness in doing so.
By submitting a separate application for each, an entrant can seek both the Walsh and one of the other scholarships, but can win only one.
The six steps to apply for the Walsh scholarship
1. Provide your résumé, with evidence of academic achievement and exemplary work in editing. Please include information on other substantial achievements/activities/interests.
2. Provide references (with contact information): a total of three instructors and/or work supervisors.
3. For successful editing, Bill Walsh wrote in one of his books, “a finely tuned ear is at least as important as formal grammar.” Write an original essay of 500 or fewer words about how you fine-tune your ear as an editor.
4. By rewriting it, edit the following first paragraph of a news article to make it clearer and more reader-engaging without it being any less accurate.
On a day fraught with pomp and circumstance, the Senate failed to act Tuesday on a bipartisan measure to codify the gradations in penalties for growing medical marijuana. Instead, they fastened upon one of the only controversial provisions of the House-passed bill and lengthened the maximum sentence to ten years and/or a $500,000 fine.
5. Write a headline using no more than eight words for each of these three pieces of news:
Millennials have been priced out of buying their first houses in many desirable areas, but a study by the real estate data gatherer Zillow points to more affordable houses in the Midwest and Southeast. The top five cities in the study: Orlando, Tampa, Indianapolis, Las Vegas and San Antonio.
NEW YORK – In a death-defying feat worthy of a championship bout, famed professional wrestler Randall (Randy the Dandy) Raguso leaped onto a subway track Wednesday, scant moments before a train arrived, and rescued a young woman who had fallen from the station platform.
The woman, who was not identified, then immediately shook herself from Raguso’s grasp and ran out through an exit.
KABUL – A firefight Friday among anti-government forces in a village about 50 miles west of Afghanistan’s capital killed 19 people, government sources said, including five children, and wounded two U.S. pacification team members, one critically.
6. Using one or more Word attachments, email your complete application to email@example.com.
The five steps to apply for an ACES EDUCATION FUND scholarship
1. Provide your résumé, with evidence of academic achievement and exemplary work in editing. Please include information on other substantialachievements/activities/interests.
2. Provide references (with contact information): a total of three instructors and/or work supervisors.
3. Write an original essay of 500 words or fewer on the topic “What led you into editing and how do you envision your career path as an editor?”
4. Write a one-line summary or headline for each of these three pieces:
Yoga is a mental discipline. We have many systems in our body, both voluntary and involuntary. Our muscular system is primarily voluntary. We train ourselves to stand up and to walk by watching our parents and others. We learn through repetition, and create patterns in our brain. After we have mastered such a skill, we can effortlessly go to that pattern and repeat the skill. We are basically self-programming. It is a lot like walking a maze. At first, you are lost, running into walls! After you learn the pattern of the maze, you can quickly go to the center.
U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has called for an expansion of school choice programs. She said the Obama administration spent billions on low-performing schools without improving students’ test scores.
DeVos said the focus should be on individual children, and that charter schools and school vouchers can make that happen.
“Our nation’s commitment is to provide a quality education to every child to serve the greater public, common good,” DeVos said. “Accordingly, we must shift the paradigm to think about education funding as investments made in individual children, not in institutions or buildings.”
Sanford Biggers knows how to grab the attention of viewers. He knows how to get them to think, how to get them talking about the power and meaning of art and history. And how to get them discussing issues that they might prefer to avoid — especially race in America.
For his exhibition "Subjective Cosmology," the 45-year-old American conceptual artist has created a 30-foot-long version of what has become a signature work for him. It's an inflatable vinyl sculpture of Fat Albert, the title character of Bill Cosby's moralistic 1970s Saturday morning television cartoon. Biggers positions him lying face down. An electric air pump causes his body to slowly heave up and down as if breathing.
The artist is riffing on the many recent unarmed black male victims of police violence, and he's also referencing the sexual assault allegations against Cosby and creating a multilayered parable about fallen idols, race in America and the challenges facing African Americans, particularly young men, in urban areas.
5. Using one or more Word attachments, email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate To ACES Education Fund:
It’s also a great chance for you to show off your skills and prove to committee members that you, among other applicants, indeed deserve the scholarship. A careful combination of strong arguments, careful editing and a reasoned demonstration of your goals, you will be able to improve the effectiveness of your college scholarship essay. Moreover, the deeper you realize the meaning of particular key abilities, the higher chances are to win the desired scholarship.
Need Scholarship But Can’t Complete An Essay?
Usually, many students work along with the studies, others may have tough family conditions that restrict them to cope with all duties, especially with a load of college papers. In these cases, a necessity of online scholarship essay help increases.
Are you in need of expert help in submitting your custom scholarship essays within a short deadline? Then you’ve come to the right place! Our online writing service is the perfect solution to your entire problem. With care and honest interest, we will handle the task.
Who Are We and What We Offer?
EduBirdie.com, the most suitable custom writing company, which offers assistance to any scholarship applicants. Here’s where you can get immediate professionally custom written essay at any time of the day, any day of the week. Our qualified team of professional scholarship essay writers creates papers of any complexity with ease. No matter the deadline is, or how strict the selection committee is, that won’t become an obstacle for us or for you.
Creating scholarship essays requires patience, thoughts, and good writing skills. Our writers have all three assets to deliver the premium quality content. Alongside, they have ample experience and are familiar with and requirements and instructions for any academic papers.
Affordable Help With Ease
Since we’re created for student’s convenience we offer truly affordable prices. It won’t be a problem to place an order for a paper that’s both cheap and effective. Just a few steps divide you from getting a top-notch essay:
- Create an Order – Placing an order is free. Put in all the details of your essay and wait for the bids to appear.
- Choose the Writer – Look through writer profiles, chat with the experts and let the most suitable writer handle your paper.
- Receive the Essay – Just wait for the paper to be delivered on time. In case you have any comments, unlimited free adjustments are at your disposal. Pay only once you’re satisfied with the result.
Moreover, our helpful expert’s team stays in touch with students to work together on most effective essays for scholarship essay writing help.
Now, you must wonder why we are the best in writing field. Read the below advantages to knowing more about our services.
Why Our Scholarship Essay Writing Help is the Best?
Among the various online writing service providers, selecting the best is a tiresome task. Hence, we have listed all the benefits that you won’t avail anywhere else. These advantages will definitely increase your chances to get desired scholarships or even education grants:
- Freedom to Select Best Writer - Yes, students are completely free to select the fittest writer for their project. Most of the custom writing websites don’t have this facility.
- Pay After Receiving The Desired Work - Satisfied customers make our goal accomplished. Hence, customers pay only when are completely satisfied.
- Chat Directly With Writer - Students can explain every requirement directly to writers through our chat option.
- Round The Clock Availability - No matter what’s your working schedule, just drop a message to our customer support or directly to the writer, we ensure the immediate response and a positive feedback from scholarship committee.
- Countless Revisions At No Charge - If you are not satisfied with the content, just send the copy for revision and you don’t have to pay extra money.
Apart for these, several other benefits are also available as we have created our scholarship essay writing services after deeming the basic requirements of students. In the case any issues arise, you can contact our Customer Support for enhancing the process of writing scholarship essays. They will provide every possible help for you to get a professional essay.
Want to buy scholarship essay ?Avail our services once and experience what the actual scholarship essay help is.